people behind the covenant
In conjunction with our anniversary we offer an article series in 8 parts - all with anchoring in the history of our union. See also our anniversary brochure.
- by Ulf Silfverström - Sustainable enterprise means constantly working to reduce the environmental impact. For a long time, the laundry industry has been warm to the heart and contributed to a clean image. “The industry has a responsibility,” says Fredrik Lagerkvist, to inform ...
- by Ulf Silfverström - The systematic improvement work is a key to success. Berendsen has worked for many years with environmental and quality issues and nowadays it is a natural part of daily operations. “The work environment issues require a lot of commitment. The...
- by Ulf Silfverström - The year was 1940. The World War rages outside Sweden's borders. Then the Swedish Laundry Services Association is formed, a name that is changed to the Swedish Laundry Association 15 years later. The grim start time despite developing a future-oriented union, ...
- by Jan-Olof Bengtsson - It is important to be sharp and focused when sitting and talking with Gunnar Andréen. “Can you sell surplus energy from the laundry industry? Is it possible to further reduce water consumption? How can the industry develop further? " And...
- by Jan-Olof Bengtsson - It is quite idyllic in the tranquil Limhamn. The clientele is faithful and the tone closest to family. It is warm in the shop and there is some steam from the region inside, while the pleasant and safe scent of pure reproduction ...
- by Ulf Silfverström - Environmental issues came up strongly in the 1990s. For example, the freons in the dry cleaners were banned in 1994, and perlors were being penalized. - Perklor cost SEK 10 / kg and in Norway introduced a tax of SEK 50 / kg We managed to stop the corresponding plans in ...
Knall Bygdens large laundry recipe
A recipe for heavy washing for that two generations ago from Knallebygden.
Make up joints in the backyard to heat rainwater in the pot.
Adjust the tubs so that the smoke does not get into your eyes if it blows.
Caraway breaks a whole bar in boiling water.
Separate the laundry into three piles: A high white, a high stripe white and a high towel and rags.
Stir in flour in cold water to an even batter and thin out with boiling water to set.
Rub the stains on the washboard. Rub hard. Boil. Rub the strip washer but do not boil - just rinse and dash.
Take the whitewash out of the pot with a broomstick, rinse and dash.
Spread out the kitchen towels on the grass.
Hang old rags on the fence.
Pour the rinsing water on the discount.
Scrub the stiffness with the warm water.
Put on a new dress. To smooth the t hair with the side combs. Boil a cup of coffee. Sit a beat in the rocking chair to villa to think about how good you have it.