Proposal for a RUT deduction for laundries in the budget bill.
Today, 21 September, the Government presented the budget bill for 2021. The bill includes an extension of the RUT deduction to also include laundry in laundries from 1 January 2021. The proposal reflects the proposal previously presented by the RUT inquiry and in consultations.
In short, the proposal means that:
- Laundry, as well as drying and other finishing as well as minor repairs of clothes and home textiles for private individuals shall be covered by the RUT deduction.
- Pick-up and drop-off of laundry is included when the transport forms part of the laundry service. It includes transport to and from the home as well as pick-up and drop-off at so-called depot service at individuals' workplaces.
- Dry cleaning or carpet washing are not included in the deduction.
- RUT deductions are always made on the labor cost. As this is rarely reported separately in the laundry and textile service industry, the labor cost will be calculated according to a standard of 50 percent of the amount charged (incl. VAT).
- For the customer, the cost is reduced by 25 percent after RUT deductions.
The budget bill has now been submitted to the Riksdag, where it will be discussed in the autumn. The final budget decision is usually made in mid-December.
See the entire government bill via the link below. Wash-RUT is treated from page 234.