The Swedish Textile Service Association appoints this year's Sustainability Award winner and rewards entrepreneur in purposeful development work
Under the EcoSmartSolution ™ concept, Carl Johan Björkman has for 25 years built a thriving business in the rental of entrance rugs. With constant curiosity he has been looking for new ways to continue improvement. Work is now being rewarded with the Swedish Textile Service Association's annual Sustainability Award and will be awarded at the Annual Meeting on May 17 at the Malmö Fair by the Municipal Council Andreas Schönström and by Henrik Gram, Christeyns.
Mr Björkmans Entrémattor AB with establishments in Malmö and Kalix is an activity in addition to the ordinary
- Circular business model
- Fossil fuel-free operations
- Closed washing system with 98 percent water recycling
- Collects rainwater from the roof for use in the washing process
- Biological cleaning process
- Own biogas station for delivery trucks
Of course, the company is certified according to ISO 14000, EMAS, Clean Green and the Authorization Control / T-mark.
- Common to members of the Laundry Association is that of efficiency, quality, service
and protection of the environment are central concepts. Carl Johan Björkman has through a purposeful development work taken the sustainability work another big step, says Jan Kluge, chairman of the Swedish Textile Service Association.
- The Board of the Swedish Textile Service Association could not be more proud than when we appoint Carl Johan Björkman as Sustainability Award winner of the Year. The prize sum of SEK 5 will, according to the award winner's wishes, be given to the Cancer Foundation.
The Swedish Textile Service Association's Sustainability Award is awarded in collaboration with Christeyns.
This is the second time that the Swedish Textile Service Association awards the Sustainability Award. The 2017 award winner was Pia Bergman, national coordinator for serious financial crime, at the Swedish Tax Agency.
For further information:
Daniel Kärrholt, Federal Director, tel. 0705 11 36 85